1) The musicians are excellent and worship demands excellence.
2) Austin is the “Live Music Capital of the World" and full of talented musicians, so we connect our faith to our locale.
3) Jazz is about improvisation and reminds us as Christians to make sure our faith fits the world we live in. We should always be improvising new ways to live in the world.
4) It also reminds us that Christians should never become complacent with the world as it is. The world says, “War;” our faith says, “Peace.” The world says, “Lock out;” Christianity says, “Welcome in.” The world says, “Hate;” we say, “Love.”
5) Finally jazz is about a group of players – a group of individuals playing their unique ways, but playing together. That’s what church is. You with your talents and me with mine, putting them together to form the church, the body of Christ in the world.