Music is an important part of worship at United Christian Church.
We have several choirs and musical groups to take part in:
- Children's Choirs. The Cherub Choir (Pre-school aged), Melody Makers (grades K-2), and Holy Notes Choir (grades 3-5) rehearse on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:15. These choirs frequently lead in worship and sing on special occasions such as the Christmas concert and a spring musical. All children are welcome.
- Chancel Choir. The Chancel Choir leads in worship through song at the 10:45 AM worship. The Chancel Choir rehearses on Wednesdays from 7:30-9:00 PM. The Chancel Choir sings a variety of music from classical sacred works ("The Heavens Are Telling") to global anthems "Siyahamba" to gospel music ("Precious Lord, Take My Hand") to folk songs (He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother.") All singers are welcome.
- Sanctuary Singers. The Sanctuary Singers lead in worship through song at the 9:30 AM worship. The Sanctuary Singers rehearse on Sundays from 8:30-9:30 AM. The Sanctuary Singers sing a variety of music from classical sacred works ("Sing a Festive Song" to spirituals ("Deep River") to gospel music ("This Little Light of Mine") and more. All singers are welcome.
- Handbell Choir. The UCC Ringers lead through worship at several points in the year. The UCC Ringers rehearse on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:15. Handbell ringers of all levels are welcomed to take part.
- Instrumental Ensemble. United Christian Church has a number of instrumentalists, who lead in worship. The instrumentalists rehearse on Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM. Opportunities for instrumentalists include solos and ensembles, as well as orchestral accompaniment to the Chancel Choir and Sanctuary Singers. Our membership includes those who play flute, recorder, trumpet, saxophone, clarinet, euphonium, trombone, French horn, percussion, violin, viola, and cello. All of the above instruments and more are welcome. (Please note that the ability to read music and to play at an "advanced beginner" level is assumed.)